8/18/2009

Australian Tactic for Acne Skin

Medicated tea tree acne gel from the Australian brand, Thursday Plantation
For those who have pimples or acne, tea tree oil sounds familiar.

Even if you have no idea that a bottle of pure tea tree oil can cost over a few hundred dollars, you must have heard about the tea tree oil acne skincare from The Body Shop. Thanks to The Body Shop. It shows that tea tree oil can be a hope for beauties with acne or pimples.

Yet, some gals complain that The Body Shop Tea Tree goodies are disappointing to them. (Like, too dying?) If you are looking for a gentle way to clear acne, don’t give up tea tree oil. Here is a good alternative:



Try Tea Tree Medicated Gel for Acne from the Australian brand, Thursday Plantation.

Got a sample of this lovely gel, Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Medicated Gel for Acne, from my co-worker. “Luckily” I had an acne on my chin to test it on that day.

Medicated tea tree acne gel from the Australian brand, Thursday Plantation

Here is how I used it:

After cleansing at night, I applied
> Toner
> Eye Cream
> Tea Tree Medicated Gel for Acne on areas with pimples / Lotion on other areas


How I felt:
It has a strong smell when I first squeezed a bit of gel. I guess it’s the smell of tea tree?

As the smell is really strong, I expected it a bit irritating to skin. Yet the touch is very gentle. You just feel a minty oil layer and nothing irritating or drying. It differs to common acne serums on the market.

I’ve used the acne gel for 3 nights. The reddish spot on my face has already dried out and faded. What’s left is a tiny pink mark. For people having such slow circulation as me, the recovery speed is EXCELLENT.



What I like:

- gentle soothing touch, no irritation

- not drying, no skin flaking

- It really speeds up recovery! Just 3 days later my acne disappeared! I can start spot-removing care much earlier.

- You can treat white heads with tea tree oil as well. I applied some on my chin and it looked smoother.

- At a reasonable price you can get a large tube. Much cheaper than those “mini” acne gels costing a hundred dollars!


The texture of medicated tea tree acne gel is like Vaseline

What I don’t like:


- Some gals on forum complained that the acne gel is too oily. True that its texture is similar to Vaseline’s. Yet I found the oil not difficult to absorb. Nonetheless acne gel is not watery, so I use it only at night. I give up using the acne gel at day time for easier makeup.




Next Round: Thursday Plantation Tea tree + Aloe vera cotton tips

Tea tree oil is a useful oil with multiple usages. It’s hard to conclude all uses in one blog entry! So I’ve got to tell you more about this lovely oil in the next entry.

What comes next is showing you another goody from Thursday Plantation. Enjoy!

1 comment: