3/03/2010

New Anti-aging Favorite: Collagen Supplement

Not sure if you feel the same: After 23, many skin problems have suddenly appeared, like visible pores, darkened eye circles, sagging eye contours...all aging symptoms you can think of.

collagen,supplement,meiji,anti-aging,anti-ageing

My way to keep skin elastic is massage cream and supplement. Collagen is one of the hottest supplements in recent years. Japanese brands like Meji, FINE and Hadatuko have released many such choices gaining positive reviews.

Meiji Amino Collagen

is what I’ve been taking these weeks. Here is how I drink it:


collagen,supplement,meiji,anti-aging,anti-ageing
Open the package and you’ll see the very milk-like collagen powder.
It smells milk too!
At first I am not sure if it will go well with green tea.

collagen,supplement,meiji,anti-aging,anti-ageing
Mix the green tea powder with lukewarm water.

collagen,supplement,meiji,anti-aging,anti-ageing
After adding the collagen powder, it gets s bit thicker. But the taste is no different to the original green tea.


After 3-week consumption of Meiji Amino Collagen


Honestly, before trying the collagen powder, I was a bit concerned about acne breakout. Some posters on forums mentioned they’ve got a few pimples drinking the powder. Thus, I took the supplement every other day in the first week to test. So far I didn’t find my skin more prone to breakout after the 3-week trial.

About the effects, they can’t be said super stunning. The pores have looked less visible. My face would often get oily after lunch. This condition has improved after taking the collagen powder. Overall, I feel my skin condition more stable with the consumption of collagen supplement.


Remarks: What is Collagen?


Collagen is the main support protein of connective tissue. It helps maintain skin youth so it looks firm, tensed and hydrated when we are young. Yet, the amount of collagen in our body decreases with age. That’s why we’ve got aging signs ever since 25 years old. You may take more fresh meat, seafood and dairy products for production of collagen. Unfortunately a balanced diet is not easy for many city people. I guess that explains the rising demand of nutrient supplements…




3 comments:

  1. Is this blog still alive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is good information. Because there are a lot of people out there that do not pay a lot of attention to their skin, or think anything about skin care at all. I just read where skin bleaching, and people attempting to lighten their skin color is increasing all over the world, including places like China, Japan, and India. In Jamaica it has become such a problem that the government started an educational campaign that basically says if you are going to do it then learn how to lighten skin naturally instead of using potentially dangerous skin bleaching chemicals. I know anything to do with skin color is going to be a highly sensitive issue but I think these people are doing it for all the wrong reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with that collagen is the main support protein of connective tissue.

    ReplyDelete